ATA Carnet is an international customs document that permits Carnet holders to temporarily import goods without paying import taxes and duties. It is similar to a travel passport for goods. The Chamber is the sole guaranteeing and issuing body for Carnets in Hong Kong.
Why use a Carnet?
- Simplify and expedite customs formalities
- Reduce customs clearance time
- Remove the need to post customs bonds or pay duty at importations
- Accepted for multiple countries and multiple visits
Carnet (1) General Merchandise
- Commercial Samples
- Professional Equipment
- Goods for use in exhibitions and fairs
Carnet (2) Self-drive to Guangdong Province
It is also called Ad hoc Quotas for Cross Boundary Private Cars , which is required by The General Administration of Customs of China for private cars driving into Guangdong Province