ATA Carnet is an international customs document that permits Carnet holders to temporarily import goods without paying import taxes and duties. It is similar to a travel passport for goods. The Chamber is the sole guaranteeing and issuing body for Carnets in Hong Kong.
Why use a Carnet?
- Simplify and expedite customs formalities
- Reduce customs clearance time
- Remove the need to post customs bonds or pay duty at importations
- Accepted for multiple countries and multiple visits
Carnet (1) General Merchandise
- Commercial Samples
- Professional Equipment
- Goods for use in exhibitions and fairs
Carnet (2) Self-drive to Guangdong Province
It is also called Ad hoc Quotas for Cross Boundary Private Cars, which is required by The General Administration of Customs of China for private cars driving into Guangdong Province.